Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Standin' Here

03-01-2008


Mickey - I'll tell how I look like when I was in my prime. I ain't you to look at smothing... (takes a picture of his pocket) Can you look at that? Look at that.That's the way I looked before these guys got at me.
Rocky: That's nice but you didn't take very good care of the picture.
Mickey: Well, I've never had (Rocky continues to play darts to the bathroom's door) i've never had no management. I've got all this knowledge, I've got it up here (points to his head) I want to give it to you. I want to give you this knowledge, want to take care of you. I wanna make sure that the shit happened to me doesn't happen to you, you know what I mean?
Rocky: The fight is set.
Mickey: Listen to me, I want to be your manager. You follow that, do you?
Rocky: The Fight is set. I don't need no manager.
Mickey: But you can't buy what I want to give you. I mean,I got pain and I got experience.
Rocky: Well I got pain and I got experience too.
Mickey: Listen kid...
Rocky: (walking to the bathroom) Hey no, hey Mick, you listen. Look, I needed your help ten years ago, right? Ten years ago. You never helped me. You didn't care. (goes in and close the door)
Mickey: But if you wanted help... I say, if you wanted help, why didn't you asked, why didn't just asked me kid?
Rocky: (from inside the bathroom) Look I asked but you never heard me nothing.
Mickey: Well I...I..I know... I... I'm 76 years old... (Rocky flushes the toillet) and.. (Mickey goes to the door and opens it, remembers that he forgot his hat, closes the door and goes to get it. Rocky opens the door thinking that Mickey is gone. When the they see each other, Rocky turns back to the bathroom and close the door) ah... shit. (Mickey leaves Rocky's house)
Rocky: (Rocky comes out of the bathroom) Took you long enough to get here. Took you ten years to get to my house. Huh, what's the matter? You don't like my house? Does my house stink? That's right-it stinks! I didn't have no favors from you! Don't slum around me. Talkin' about your prime. What about my prime, Mick? At least you had a prime! I didn't have no prime. I didn't have nothin'! Leg's are goin', everything is goin'. Nobody's getting' no nothin'. Guy comes up, offers me a fight. Big deal. Wanna fight the fight? Yeah, I'll fight the big fight. I wouldn't wanna fight. Know what's gonna happen to me? I'm gonna get that! I'm gonna get that! And you wanna be ringside to see it? Do ya? You wanna help me out? Huh? Do you wana see me get my face kicked in? Leg's ain't workin', nothing's workin', but they go, "Go on, fight the champ." Yeah, I'll fight him. Get my face kicked in. And you come around here. You wanna move in here with me? Come on in! It's a nice house! Real nice. Come on in and move. It stinks! This whole place stinks!! You wanna help me out? Well, help me out! Come on, help me out. I'm standin' here!

Rocky

No comments: