Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saving Movies

10-10-2008

George: I have nothing to say to anybody. I'm so uninteresting. I think I'm out of conversation.
Jerry: So why are calling me six times a day?
George: All I know about is sports. That's it. No matter how depressed I get, I could always read the sports section.
Jerry: I could read the sports section if my hair was on fire.
George: Know what? Ponce De Leon is sold out.
Jerry: It is? Oh yeah, you're right. What else is playing?
George: Nothing except Prognosis Negative.
Jerry: Boy, I know she really wants to see that with me.
(...)
George: I mean, I could understand if there was something else playing, but it's this or nothing.
Jerry: I don't know what to do.
George: What is this 'saving movies' thing? Something's playing, you go.
Jerry: I know, I know.
George: So, what? We're gonna do nothing now, this is crazy.
Jerry: It is kind of silly.
George: Of course it is.
Jerry: I mean, it's just a movie, for god's sake.
George: Exactly.
Jerry: It's not like she's *in* the movie.
George: Right.
Jerry: Am I supposed to ruin the whole night because she wants to see it? I mean, if I could have seen it with her, fine. But I can't control all these circumstances and schedules and peoples' availabilities at movies.
George: And she'll still see it, you're not stopping her from seeing it.
Jerry: How does sitting next to a person in a movie theater increase the level of enjoyment? You can't talk during a movie. You know, this is stupid, c'mon, let's just go.
George: Good.
Jerry: Saving movies.
George: Ridiculous!
Jerry: (aproaches ticket window) Two for Prognosis Negative. (leaves ticket window)I'm in trouble.
George: Oh, you're dead.

Seinfeld

No comments: