Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just Like That

21-11-2008

(Elaine is lying on the sofa bed. It's too hot. She can't fall asleep)
(knock on door)
ELAINE: Come in.
JERRY: Are you O.K. in here?
ELAINE: Why is it so hot in here? How can they sleep like this?
JERRY: It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tommorow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really.
ELAINE: Oh man. What is with this bar? It's right in my back. It's killing me.
JERRY: Oh you wanna switch? I'm sleeping on a love seat. I've got my feet up in the air like I'm in a space capsule.
ELAINE: I am never gonna fall asleep.
JERRY: Oh, don't say that. You'll jinx me.
ELAINE: How can they not put the air conditioning on?
JERRY: They're nuts with temperature.
ELAINE: This bar is right in my back! It's making a dent.
JERRY: How about that guy writing a check for 19.45?
ELAINE: I'm sweating here. I'm in bed, sweating.
JERRY: It's one day. Half a day, really. I mean you substract showers and meals, it's like twenty minutes. It will go by like that. (snapping his fingers)

Seinfeld

No comments: