Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Easy Part

25-07-2010

Ben Hawkins - I had him dead to rights.
Jonesy - Half a dozen goons would have caught him on the porch.
Ben Hawkins - I had him.
Samson - Listen kid. It ain't just the preacher. It's a whole bunch of them. And just not the ones holding shotguns. You kill him, they're likely go ape.
Ben Hawkins - That ain't my problem.
Samson - It is if they set on you. And they will. Like a pack of hungry dogs.
Ben Hawkins - I don't care. As long as he's dead.
Samson - What the hell is with you people?
Ben Hawkins - What do you mean?
Samson - You know what I mean- Management, you, Jesus, John The Baptist, the whole buch of you. All fire up to throw your lives away.
Ben Hawkins - They did what they had to do.
Samson - Hogwash! You think the Lord had to die to make his point? What if when they said "come down from that cross", Jesus had just come on down and spit in their eye? What harm would that have done?
Ben Hawkins - That's the dumbest thing that I've ever heard.
Samson - No, it ain't. The dumbest thing is dying when you ain't gotta. Dying, just cos you're piss-poor at living.
Ben Hawkins - That ain't true.
Samson - It's true and you know it, I'll tell you somthing else is true. When comes to living, dying is the easy part.

Carnivale

No comments: