Friday, December 26, 2008

Books

22-10-2007

"(Enter George; he's extremely excited - he's dancing around the room, singing the Zorba theme)
GEORGE: I'm outta there. I did it! It's over.
JERRY: You did it? What happened?
GEORGE: I told her. In the kitchen - which was risky 'cause it's near all the knives. I started with the word "Listen."
JERRY: Ah ha.
GEORGE: I said, "Listen Marlene," and then the next thing I know, I'm in the middle of it. And there's this voice inside of me going: "You're doing it! You're doing it!" And then she started to cry, and I weakened a bit. I almost relented, but the voice, Jerry. The voice said "Keep going, keep going. You're almost out!" It's like I was making a prison break, you know. And I'm heading for the wall, and I trip and I twist my ankle, and they throw the light on you, you know. So, somehow I get though the crying and I keep running. Then the cursing started. She's firing at me from the guard tower: "Son of a bang! Son of a boom!" I get to the top of the wall - the front door. I opened it up, I'm one foot away, I took one last look around the penitentiary, and I jumped!
JERRY: See, it's never as bad as you imagine.
KRAMER: I liked Marlene. What's her number?
GEORGE: No, I, I don't think so.
(Kramer stants making noises while eating)
JERRY: Could you stop that smacking?
KRAMER: George, I want you to taste this cantaloupe.
GEORGE: Oh no, thank you.
KRAMER: It's the best cantaloupe I ever had.
GEORGE: No, really. No, no, thanks.
KRAMER: Jerry, tell him how good this cantaloupe is.
JERRY: It's very good cantaloupe. (changing subject) So that's it? You're out?
GEORGE: Except for one small problem. I left some books in her apartment.
JERRY: So, go get them.
GEORGE: Oh, no. No, I can't go back there. Jerry, it's so awkward and, you know, it could be dangerous - sexually. Something could happen, I'd be right back where I started.
JERRY: So forget about the books. Did you read them?
GEORGE: Well, yeah.
JERRY: What do you need them for?
GEORGE: I don't know. They're books.
JERRY: What is this obsession people have with books? They put them in their houses - like they're trophies. What do you need it for after you read it?
GEORGE: They're MY books.
JERRY: So you want me to get those books? Is that it?"

Seinfeld

No comments: