Sunday, April 12, 2009

Coffee

24-03-2008

"Elaine: Hi.

(George produces Pepto-Bismol bottle and box of bicarb from bag, places
them on counter)

Jerry: You're still thinking about this?

George: (While preparing bicarb) She invites me up at twelve o clock at
night, for coffee. And I don't go up. "No thank you, I don't want coffee, it
keeps me up. Too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People
this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live. I can't imagine what she must think
of me.

Jerry: She thinks you're a guy that doesn't like coffee.

George: She invited me up. Coffee's not coffee, coffee is sex.

Elaine: Maybe coffee was coffee.

George: Coffee's coffee in the morning, it's not coffee at twelve o clock at
night.

Elaine: Well some people drink coffee that late.

George: Yeah, people who work at NORAD, who're on twenty-four hour missile
watch. Everything was going along so great: she was laughing, I was funny. I
kept saying to myself "Keep it up, don't blow it, you're doing great."

Elaine: It's all in your head. All she knows is she had a good time. I
think you should call her.

George: I can't call her now, it's too soon. I'm planning a Wednesday call.

Elaine: Oh, why? I love it when guys call me the next day.

George: Of course you do, but you're imagining a guy you like, not a guy who
goes (in stupid voice) "Oh no, I don't drink coffee late at night." If I call
her now, she's gonna think I'm too needy.
Women don't wanna see need. They want a take-charge guy - a colonel, a
kaiser, a tsar.

Elaine: All she'll think is that you like her.

George: Yes, she wants me to like her, if she likes me, but she doesn't like
me!

Elaine: I don't know what your parents did to you."

Seinfeld

No comments: