Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nice Guy

03-11-2007
"(Phone rings, Jerry is reluctant to answer it)
JERRY: (On his answering machine) Leave a message, I'll call you back.
MARLENE: (Leaving a message) Jerry, have you ever taken a bath in the dark? If I'm not talking into the soap right now, call me back.
KRAMER: Well?
JERRY: Marlene
KRAMER: (Smiles) Oh. Oh, Marlene.
JERRY: Yeah, I took her home one night - we kinda started up a little bit in the car.
KRAMER: I thought you were trying to get rid of her?
JERRY: I was. She's got me, like, hypnotized.
KRAMER: Does George know?
JERRY: No, he'd go nuts.
KRAMER: Yeah, no kidding.
JERRY: I feel terrible. (Kramer smiles) I mean, I've seen her a couple of times since then, and I know I can't go any further, but.. I've just got this like, psycho-sexual hold over me. I just want her, I can't breathe. It's like a drug.
KRAMER: Woah, psycho-sexual.
JERRY: I don't know how I'm going to tell him.
KRAMER: Man, I don't understand people. I mean, why would George want to deprive you of pleasure? Is it just me?
JERRY: It's partially you, yeah.
KRAMER: You're his friend. Better that she should sleep with someone else. Some jerk that he doesn't even know.
JERRY: Well, he can't kill me, right?
KRAMER: You're a human being.
JERRY: I mean, she called me. I haven't called her. She started it.
KRAMER: You're flesh and blood.
JERRY: I'm a nice guy."

Seinfeld

No comments: