Saturday, May 30, 2009

Every Day Date

20-05-2008

Jerry: What a mistake that party was. I never should've gone.
George: Yeah, me either.
Jerry: Oh, come on.
George: What "come on"? Have you ever dated a woman that worked in your office?
Jerry: I never had a job.
George: Know that anxiety you feel on a date? That's what I have every day now. My worst nightmares come true. Every day is a date.
Jerry: That's one of the Dante's nine stages of hell, isn't it?
George: Ava was one of the reasons I used like to work. She was a friend. Now we sleep together and suddenly I don't know how to talk to her. Every time I go to the bathroom I pass her desk. I have to plan little patter. I speend half my day writing.Then afterwards I sit in my office and analyse how it went. If it was a good conversation, I don't go to the bathroom the rest of the day. I see her laughing and talking with other people. They're all so loose and relaxed and I think: "That used to be me. I wanna go back there again."
Jerry: What are you gonna do?
George: I have no choice. I'm quitting.

Seinfeld

No comments: