Sunday, November 16, 2008

Arcade Vacations

23-08-2007

(Jerry is at the counter, filling out a slip; George is carrying a jug full of pennies.)
GEORGE: ..she calls me up at my office, she says, "We have to talk."
JERRY: Uh, the four worst words in the English language.
GEORGE: That, or "Who's bra is this?"
JERRY: That is worse.
GEORGE: So we order lunch, and we're talking. Finally, she blurts out how it's "not working".
JERRY: Really.
GEORGE: So, I'm thinking, as she's saying this, I'm thinking: great, the relationship's over. But the egg salad's on the way. So now I have a decision - do I walk or do I eat?
JERRY: Hm? You ate.
GEORGE: We sat there for twenty minutes, chewing, staring at each other in a defunct relationship.
JERRY: Someone says, "Get out of my life!" and that doesn't affect your appetite?
GEORGE: Have you ever had their egg salad?
JERRY: It is unbelievable.
GEORGE: It's unbelievable. You know what else is unbelievable? I picked up the check. She didn't even offer. She ended it. The least she could do is send me off with a sandwich.
JERRY: (looking at George's penny jug) How much could you possibly have in there?
GEORGE: It's my money. What should I do? Throw it out the window? I know guy who took his vacation on change.
JERRY: Yeah? Where'd he go? To an arcade?
GEORGE: (sarcastic) That's funny. You're a funny guy.

Seinfeld

No comments: