Sunday, November 16, 2008

Break Up With A Guy Pt 1

"KRAMER: Oh, they've got a cure for cancer. See, it's all big business.. Oh hey, Jerry just walked in. Hi, George. (resumes talking on the phone) Yeah, yeah yeah, yeah, take my number - 555-8643. Okay, here he is. (hands phone to Jerry.)
JERRY: (to Kramer) Who is it?
KRAMER: Take it.
JERRY: Who is it?
KRAMER: It's for you.
JERRY: (into phone) Hello? Oh, hi Joel. (Jerry hits Kramer with a magazine.) .. No. I was out of town. I just got back.. Kramer doesn't know anything.. He's just my next-door neighbor. Uh.. nothing much.. Tuesday? Uh, Tuesday, no. I'm meeting somebody.. Uh, Wednesday? Wednesday's okay.. Alright. Uh, I'm a little busy right now. Can we talk Wednesday morning? .. Okay.. yeah.. right.. thanks.. bye. (hangs up, then addresses Kramer) Why did you put me on the phone with him? I hate just being handed a phone.
KRAMER: Well, it's your phone. He wanted to talk to you
JERRY: Maybe I didn't want to talk to him.
KRAMER: Well, why not?
JERRY: He bothers me. I don't even answer the phone anymore because of him. He's turned me into a screener. Now I gotta go see him on Wednesday.
GEORGE: What do you mean Wednesday? I though we had tickets to the Knick game Wednesday. We got seats behind the bench! What happened? We're not going?
JERRY: We're going. That's next Wednesday.
GEORGE: Oh. Who is this guy?
JERRY: His name is Joel Horneck. He lived like three houses down from me when I grew up. He had a Ping Pong table!! We were friends! Should I suffer the rest of my life because I like to play Ping Pong?! I was ten! I would've been friends with Stalin if he had a Ping Pong table!! He's so self-involved.
(phone rings, Kramer pulls his phone out of his pocket)
KRAMER: That's for me. (into phone) Kramerica Industries.. Oh, hi, Mark.. No, no, no. Forget that. I got a better idea. A pizza place where you make your own pie.
JERRY: Can you conduct your business elsewhere?
KRAMER: (ignoring Jerry) No, no, no. I'm talking about a whole chain of 'em. Yeah. (Kramer leaves Jerry's apartment while still on the phone.)
GEORGE: I don't know why you even bother with this ping pong guy, I'll tell you that.
JERRY: I don't bother with him. He's been calling me for seven years. I've never called him once! He's got the attention span of a five-year-old. Sometimes I sit there and I make up things just to see if he's paying attention.
GEORGE: I don't understand why you spend time with this guy.
JERRY: What can I do? Break up with him? Tell him "I Don't think we're right for each other.." He's a guy. At least with a woman, there's a precendent. You know, the relationship goes sour, you end it.
GEORGE: No, no, no,no you have to approach this as if he was a woman.
JERRY: Just break up with him?
GEORGE: Absolutely. You just tell him the truth.
(Both do ugly faces)

Seinfeld

No comments: