Sunday, November 16, 2008

Small Animal

05-08-2007

"GEORGE: I had to say something. I had to say something. Everything was going so well; I had to say something.
JERRY: I don't think you did anything wrong.
GEORGE: I told her I liked her. Why? Why did I tell her I like her? I have this sick compulsion to tell women how I feel. I like you I don't tell you.
JERRY: We can only thank God for that.
(Elevator opens, they get on)
GEORGE: I'm outta the picture. I am outta the picture. (laughs) It's only a matter of time now.
JERRY: You're imagining this. Really.
GEORGE: Oh no. No, no, no, no.
(elevator doors close)
GEORGE(cont.): I'll tell you when it happened. When that floss came flying out of my pocket.
JERRY: What floss? When?
GEORGE: We were in the lobby during the intermission of the play. I was buying her one of those containers of orange drink, for five dollars. I reached into my pocket to pay for it, I looked down; there's this piece of green floss hanging from my fingers.
JERRY: Ah, mint.
GEORGE: Of course. So, I'm looking at it, I look up, I see she's looking at it. Our eyes lock. It was a horrible moment. I just..
(eleveator doors open, they get off)
JERRY: So let me get this straight: she saw the floss, you panicked and you told her you liked her.
GEORGE: If I didn't put that floss in my pocket, I'd be crawling around her bedroom right now looking for my glasses.
JERRY: And you're sure the floss was the catalyst?
GEORGE: Yes, I am.
JERRY: (looks at a carrying pouch George is wearing) You don't think it might've had anything to do with that?
GEORGE: What? You don't like this?
JERRY: It looks like your belt is digesting a small animal."

Seinfeld

No comments: