Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm Mad As Hell!!

27-07-2008

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work, or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild, and nobody knows what to do. There’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. We sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had homicides and violent crimes, as if that’s the way it should be. We know things are bad. Worse than bad. They’re crazy. Everything is going crazy, so we don’t go out any more. We sit in the house, and the world we live in gets smaller. All we say is "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms." "Let me have my toaster and my TV and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone." Well, I’m not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad!I don’t want you to protest or riot. I don"t want you to write to your congressman. I don’t know what to do about the depressión, the inflation and the crime.
All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad! You’ve gotta say "I’m a human being, goddammit! My life has value!" So... I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it and stick your head out and yell "I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this any more!" I want you to get up right now... and stick your head out and yell "I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this any more!" Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depressión, inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out and yell "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more!"

Network

No comments: