Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You're On TV

21-07-2008

Howard - Last night I was awakened from a fitful sleep shortly after two o'clock in the morning by a shrill, sibilant, faceless voice. I couldn’t make it out at first, in the dark bedroom. I said "I’m sorry, you will have to talk a little louder." And the voice said "I want you to tell the people the truth." "Not easy, because they don’t wanna know the truth." And I said "You’re kidding? What the hell should I know about the truth?" But the voice said to me" Don't worry about the truth." "I will put the words in your mouth." And I said "What is this? The burning bush?" "I’m not Moses." And the voice said "I’m not God. What has that got to do with it?" The voice said "We’re not talking about
eternal or absolute or ultimate truth." "We're talking about impermanent, transient, human truth." "I don't expect you to be capable of truth, but at least you're capable of self-preservation. "And I said "Why me?" And the voice said "Because you’re on televisión, dummy!" "You have million Americans listening. After this you could have million. " "I’m not asking you to wear sackcloth and ashes, preaching the Armageddon." "You’re on TV, man!" So I thought about it for a moment. And then I said "OK."

Network

No comments: