Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Out Of Bullshit

15-07-2008

HOWARD (ON MONITOR) - Good evening. Today is Wednesday,September the twenty-fourth, and this is my last broadcast. Yesterday, I announced on this program that I would commit public suicide, admittedly an act of madness. Well, I'll tell you what happened -- I just ran out of bullshit --
HARRY HUNTER - All right, cut him off.
(The MONITOR SCREEN goes black)
MAX (from the back wall) - Leave him on --
HOWARD's image promptly flicks back on --
HOWARD (ON MONITOR) (looking O.S.) - Am I still on the air?
Everybody in the control room looks to MAX --
MAX - If this is how he wants to go out, this is how he goes out.
HOWARD (ON MONITOR) - I don't know any other way to say it except I just ran out of bull-shit (...)
Bullshit is all the reasons we give for living, and, if we can't think up any reasons of our own, we always have the God bullshit (...) We don't know why the hell we're going through all this pointless pain, humiliation and decay, so there better be someone somewhere who does know; that's the God
bullshit (...) If you don't like the God bullshit, how about the man bullshit? Man is a noble creature who can order his own world, who needs God? (...) Well, if there's anybody out there who can look around this demented slaughterhouse of a world we live in and tell me man is a noble creature, that man is full of bullshit (...) I don't have any bullshit left. I just ran out of it, you see --

Network

No comments: