Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pretty Good

08-10-2010

[ NBC reception area)
(Jerry and George are waiting)

JERRY: (To himself) Salsa, seltzer. Hey, excuse me, you got any salsa? No, not selzer, salsa. (George doesn't react) What's the matter?
GEORGE: (Nervous) Nothing.
JERRY: You sure? You look a little pale.
GEORGE: No, I'm fine. I'm good. I'm very good.
JERRY: What, are you nervous?
GEORGE: No, not nervous. I'm good, very good. (A beat, then he snaps) I can't do this! Can't do this!
JERRY: What?
GEORGE: I can't do this! I can't do it. I have tried. I'm here. It's impossible.
JERRY: This was your idea!
GEORGE: What idea? I just said something. I didn't know you were going to listen to me.
JERRY: Dont' worry about it. They're just TV executives.
GEORGE: They're men with jobs, Jerry! They wear suits and ties. They're married, they have secretaries.
JERRY: I told you not to come.
GEORGE: I need some water. I gotta get some water.
JERRY: They'll give us water in there.
GEORGE: Really? That's pretty good.

Seinfeld

No comments: