Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gimme The Purse!

03-02-2011

[George's Car]
GEORGE: He said what?
SUSAN: "The hell with them."
GEORGE: "The hell with them?"
SUSAN: Those were his exact words.
GEORGE: (worried) Oh boy.
SUSAN: He said, "We've got five hundred shows to choose from. Why should we give two guys, who have no idea, and no experience, more money?"
GEORGE: (still worried) He was pretty emphatic?
SUSAN: Pounded on his desk.
GEORGE: Pounded?
SUSAN: (tossing her purse on the dash) I told you to take the offer.
GEORGE: (getting animated) Look I, I uh, I had nothing to do with this. It wasn't my decision. It was Jerry! Jerry told me no. I'm the creative
guy. He handles the business end.
SUSAN: You said it was insulting.
GEORGE: I was quoting him. Why would I be insulted? I'm never insulted. You could call me baldy, dump soup on my head. Nothing insults me.
SUSAN: Well, there's nothing I can do.
GEORGE: Well, don't they make a counter offer? How can they just cancel the whole deal like that? What kind of a maniac is this guy? I mean he
just, he says no, and that's it?
SUSAN: Yeah, that's the way Russell is. He doesn't like to play games.
GEORGE: Well, he has to play! He can't just not play. We're playing! Look, I gotta see him, how do I get in touch with him?
SUSAN: You'll have to wait til Monday.
GEORGE: Mon...? No, no, I can't wait til Monday, that's impossible, I gotta talk to him now. Where does he live?
SUSAN: (laugh) I can't give you his address.

George looks frustrated for a second, then notices Susan's purse on the dash. He grabs it, Susan grabs it and a struggle ensues.

SUSAN: Give it back!
GEORGE: Gimme the purse!

Seinfeld

No comments: