Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not In The Face!

28-06-2010


New scene. Jerry in a booth at the coffee shop waiting for George. George enters, spare keys in hand.

JERRY (applauding): Georgie Boy! Way to come through with the keys! Sit down, I'm buying you dinner.
GEORGE: Look, I gotta tell ya...I been thinkin' about it, I just don't feel right about letting you into Elaine's apartment.
JERRY: Don't feel right? What are you talking about?
GEORGE: Well, you know, I shouldn't have let you into Kramer's, now you want to go into Elaine's...she entrusted me with her spare keys, how can I just let you in?
JERRY: What is the big deal?
GEORGE: Just because you have someone's spare keys, it doesn't entitle you to break into their apartment. That's the reason you took away Kramer's keys.
JERRY: First of all, you're not even supposed to have Elaine's keys. You're supposed to give 'em back to her, so she can give 'em back to me, because she has mine. So technically, those are my keys.
GEORGE: Yes, well, if you had never taken your keys back from Kramer, he never would have taken his back from you and given 'em to me, in which case I wouldn't have had to take mine back from her.
JERRY: Well, I want those keys.
GEORGE: Nope, no can do.
JERRY: George, give them to me, I want these keys. I don't want to get physical!
GEORGE: Do you wanna fight?
JERRY: Do you wanna fight?
GEORGE: I'll fight ya! Not the face! Not the face!

Seinfeld

No comments: