Thursday, September 2, 2010

People Like Us

05-04-2010

Kramer: Hey, you know who owns that car?
Jerry: What car?
Kramer: The one that was hit a couple of nights ago.
Jerry: Yeah who?
Kramer: That blond across the street. You know the one with the long ponytail, she wears those blue sweatpants.

(Jerry stands up and walks toward kitchen)

Jerry: The blond with the blue sweatpants! Yeah, I think I've seen her.

(Elaine nods, smiling)
Elaine: Well I've got to get going. I'm meeting a guy with grey sweatpants.

(Elaine walks out door, Kramer follows)

Kramer: Wait, wait, wait, how do you know it's not John Tesh?

(Jerry closes door behind them, then runs over to George very excited)

Jerry: The blond with the blue sweatpants!
George: Well, who is she?
Jerry: I've had a crush on this woman for year! I've always been afraid to approach her! She looks like she belongs on one of these Hallmark cards.
George: Oh right, right! The blue sweatpants! Gees, it's too bad you can't say anything because of Angela.

(Jerry sits down, disgruntled, flips aimlessly through a magazine)

Jerry: Oh yeah. Too bad. Angela. Lousy thug. I mean what kind of sick person does something like that? That woman belongs in prison! I mean, I actually owe it to society to do something about this! I can't sit by and allow this to go on. It's a moral issue is what it is!

(Jerry and George are both pointing their fingers at each other)

George: You can't compromise your principles!
Jerry: How am I going to live with myself?!
George: Can't live!
Jerry: I'm not religious, but I certainly know where to draw the line!
George: This country needs more people like you!
Jerry: Don't sell yourself short saying 'God bless you' to every Tom, Dick and Harry in great personal risk.
George: I believe strongly in that as you know.
Jerry: There should be more people like us.
George: That's why the world's in the shape it's in.
Jerry: You're telling me.

(Jerry and George both flip pages simultaneously and start reading their
magazines)

Seinfeld

No comments: